Baion® Application Guide
Baion® processing additives are based on blends of surface active chemicals
- Specific surfactants: fatty esters, fatty alcohols, fatty acids.
- Synthetic chemical derivatives: metallic salts, ether and amide of fatty materials
- Polymers with different polar functions: hydrocarbon waxes and long chain polyglycol derivatives
Application and Uses
Baion® processing aids are used for the following applications:
- Dispersing agent for fillers, carbon black, powder additives
- Internal lubricant: this type of lubricant has a relatively good compatibility with rubber polymers which reduces the bulk viscosity of the compound and promotes its easier flow
- External lubricant: this component “blooms” to the surface-modifying the rubber metal interface and produces slippage between compound rubber and metal surfaces
- Internal mold release: acts as an external lubricant during vulcanization
Statements presented herein are based upon the best available information and practices known to PMC Crystal but are not representations or warrantees of performance, results, or comprehensives, nor do they imply any recommendations to infringe any patent or an offer of license under any patent. The customer is cautioned to thoroughly evaluate these products by his own tests prior to large scale utilization.